My oh my what a random week this one was! I feel like I haven't seen a week that was so busy and random and crazy in a while! Not to mention it was CRAZY cold. I know you all like my North Country weather reports so I am going to keep them coming. But seriously, it was so cold that there was frost on my hair when we were walking around. bleck. Anyway, here is the news of the week :)
1. Last Monday we went bowling as a district. It was way funny because we went to a super ghetto bowling alley up in Massena! Like, you had to keep score your self! But it was good times. I ended coming in second place out of everyone. I'm just throwing that out there!
2. Some of our recent converts gave a crock pot... So now I'm super into making things in crock pots. If anyone wants to tell me how to do it, that would be great!
3. This week was crazy! We went on two exchanges, both of which I took over Norwood for! The first day I spent with the lovely Sister Hunting of Lake Placid! We froze a little bit, but had a wonderful time! Then we hit up Zone Conference, which was super inspiring and amazing and I loved it. We then did switch number two and the wonderful Sister Pipe from Temple Square, but more recently Plattsburgh joined me in Norwood. Also fun fact, Sister Pipe is 6 feet tall! I finally had a companion who was taller than me and it was crazy!
the AMAZING missionary miracles:
2. I feel like I could literally write every single blog about how amazing Floyd is. This week we had an experience that probably takes some back story for it to make sense.
We were chatting with Floyd and he just kept telling us about all these people he is trying to share the gospel with, how excited he is to participate in EVERYTHING at church, and how he stood up for keeping the sabbath day holy at work. and I was like this, FLOYD IS THE BEST! I am amazed by how someone so Christ-like and humble could be over looked by these members. Even though Floyd is rough around the edges, he is the most Christ-like person I know. I feel so blessed to know him and have his testimony in my life!
So then later this week we were talking to another member and she was saying how some day we are going to see people like Floyd as they really are. Their worldly "shell" will be peeled off and we will be amazed by how incredible they are. I just know how true that is! My testimony is continually strengthened on the idea of God looking upon our hearts, and not on outward appearances. If only we could all be perfect at that! Ah man, I just want to say that FLOYD IS THE BEST!
3. Yesterday Sister Bezzant felt really strongly that we needed to knock this trailer park in the middle of Norwood. So we start knocking... with seriously no success. Everyone is like slamming their doors, or just straight up ignoring us. So we are like.... sweet. Then we come to this trailer and knock on the door. Right away it opens up and this guys comes out and is like "oh I guess you guys are looking for me!" um.... we were very confused... but we rolled with it. So we said "I guess so!" So he's like, "Ok, follow me. We can go back to my house!" So naturally we follow him across the street to his house. He turns around and we are like "So.... who are you?" haha! Well, turns out he is a less-active in the area who we had thought moved! I guess the Lord wanted him found :) I love when we can be at just the right place at just the right time to do the Lord's work! Ah its so good!
and now the best story....
As mentioned previously, this week was a week of never ending exchanges and Zone Conference. But, it was also a week of the Lord putting us just where He needs us! If I didn't know God was in charge before this week, I definitely do now!
Well, after Zone Conference, Sister Pipe and I started up on our exchange (my second of the week). We decided we should drop off her stuff at the apartment, then head off to our appointments for the evening. Well, she ran in to the bathroom and I thought I should check the phone. I look at the phone.... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR APPOINTMENTS CANCELED. Not to mention that that night it was like 20 below... so we couldn't very well just walk around! I was like "oh shoot. what are we supposed to do tonight? All of my back ups include being in the outdoors... and we can't do that!" Needless to say, I was stressing hard core. So Sister Pipe comes out of the bathroom and is like "um... does your water not work?" surprise! All of our pipes had once again frozen, and no one could come fix them until the next day. So basically I was like "WHAT THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?" I was so drained and I seriously couldn't think. So we start calling people, our companions, Zone leaders, AP's, mission office, ect. They worked together to come to the conclusion that we couldn't stay in our apartment that night, so we would need to go sleep over at the nearest sisters apartment!
THE NEAREST SISTERS WERE SISTER SMITH AND SISTER CHURCH! Hurray! So I was still a little frazzled, but we packed up and drove straight on the Gouvenor. Upon arrival we decided to spend the rest of the night working their area, So Sister Pipe and Sister Church headed off to their schedule appointment, while Sister Smith and I (reunited!) went to one of their other investigators.
Here's why I know that God is in charge...
1. Sister Smith had been really stressed and praying that she could have someone to talk to. THAT NIGHT, we ended up in Gouvenor. Coincidence?
2. The investigators Sister Smith and I visited said "we KNEW that the sisters would be visiting us tonight. It seems like every time I have a hard day, you guys show up." Had we not come to Gouvenor that night they wouldn't have seen those investigators! They would have "known" the sisters were coming, and they wouldn't have shown. We made a ton of progress that night with those investigators... and I know that's where we need to be.
So basically, even though it seemed like our night was falling apart, really Heavenly Father just had some where else He needed us to be. So, He made it happen! I'm so grateful for those moments where I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands!
A Taste of Humor...
"Mom, how come girl missionaries only go for a year and a half?" -little member girl
"Because they need less work than the boys!" - member mom :)
"I had to be so quiet, that I was like a ninja mouse... with socks on." -Gouvenor Sisters investigator.
"I'm not going to wear make up all week so then when I do wear it everyone will be like 'Oh my gosh she's stunning!'" - Sister Pipe
Well, thats the week kids! This week should be another adventure! Have a wonderous week!