Monday, April 14, 2014

"No coat needed, We have bushes in Norwood, Buried Bicycles, & When in Doubt, Tract it out!!"


BLOG

Aloha everyone. I'm sorry but I just need all of you to know that it is 77 degrees today in Potsdam, NY. This is crazy business. I even went out without a coat and tights. I don't even know who I am anymore. Also, this week we discovered there were some nice bushes in front of our house. No one told me they were there since there has been at least 3 feet of snow covering it my ENTIRE time in Norwood. Also, Sister Davis and I discovered that we own bikes (these were also buried under the snow), and even though they were pretty rusted, had two flat tires, and we had to wear dorky helmets, we took 'em for a spin and it was sweet. What I'm trying to say is, SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

Anyway, lets talk about the week.

1. Lets just say a lot of people we are teaching have seen a little too much of the missionaries as of late and have done a little too little progressing in the gospel. So we dropped them. :/ Which meant we had oodles of time to tract (our favorite!) Let me tell you a story about tracting.

So we were supposed to have a dinner appointment one night, but they canceled last minute. So we said, "well, let us tract" and we did. First house we knocked on was this teenage girl who was like super solid and totally wanted to learn about the gospel. We talked with her for about 30 minutes and it was super awesome! So we are feeling pretty good about our tracting. We are walking down the stairs from her house when LITERALLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF US this lady crashes her car. like... what? So naturally we stop and talk to this lady who was just dropped into our laps. We ended up talking to her for about 30 minutes while the tow truck came. (unfortunately, she wasn't interested in the gospel... but it was still sweet).  Meanwhile, this teenage girl we just found was directing traffic near by. It was hilarious. Finally the tow truck comes, and we continue on our merry way. Next door we knock on, Amish lady. Next door, gay couple. Next door, family of preachers. You could say it was a successful night. THEN to finish the night we almost got sprayed by a skunk. BEST NIGHT EVER.

Moral of the story: when in doubt, tract it out!  :)

2. Remember how last week I told you about our new investigator? That super solid guy who called us, and then we had a really cool chat with him? Well, we taught him again this week and it was so great! He really seems genuine about the gospel and is really excited to learn. We asked him if he had seen any answers to his prayers lately. His answer was "Well ya! I mean you are all sitting on my couch right now, aren't you?" So good!

3. We definitely saw some answers to prayers this week with this other investigator! She had moved in with a different member of the branch a couple of weeks ago and it really was not going well. She was feeling really bummed and was pretty negative about the gospel. We kind of didn't know what to do.... So naturally we prayed. Then yesterday, we received a huge answer to both our, and her prayers. Another member (probably one of the coolest member families), rescued her from her situation and it's helping her get back on her feet. We were talking to her and she was like, "I have been to A LOT of churches, and I've never seen one where the members demonstrate such Christ-like service. There MUST be something behind it. So, I'm going to stop fighting it. Obviously Heavenly Father led me here for a reason!" Ah, it was so good! We then had a super powerful lesson about faith :) It was such an incredible answer to prayers!

4. Did I tell you about the random less-active that we tracted into last week? I can't remember... but anyway, we tracted into this guy. We start to tell him that we are missionaries and he's like, "I know. I was baptized Mormon when I was 9!"  Hi, what? So we ended up teaching him a super good lesson and he said he would give the church another try. He then said he would read all of first Nephi by the next time we saw him. I'll keep ya posted on if it actually happens. But, it's so crazy how small Norwood is, yet how many less-active members of the church are kickin' around that town. Man, we got to get them back!

Well that was pretty much the week (kind of boring... sorry) but please enjoy all these random pictures we took... and... THE CHURCH IS TRUE! Also, we move into our new house tonight! We are super excited!
Hurray!!

*One quick funny quote*

"If I didn't know better I would think you two come ever here high!" - Brother Brown

Adios!

XOXO,
Sister Langford

No comments:

Post a Comment