Friday, July 19, 2013

Golden Investigators, Fireflies, Service!!

 Hello everyone,
Another week of the mission has flown by. Seriously. What happened to this week? But let me tell ya, we had some amazing experiences this week! So let me tell ya,
1. Golden Investigator:  So we have this investigator and she is the best. We taught her Monday and it was only the second time we had ever met her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she was just really into it. She was like "yes this all makes sense. I feel so great right now!" and we were just so excited and the spirit was way strong! So we said 'Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" and she said "well, what do I have to do to be baptized?" We look around, she is drinking coffee and her house smells like smoke so we briefly talked about the Word of Wisdom and she says "ok I will make a plan to quit both. what else?"  We told her she would need to come to church and continue to learn and pray and read, and she was just like ok ok ok. So then her husband comes in and she looks at us and says "Is it ok if I tell him now?" and we're just stunned like... ok go! So she says "So I've decided to be baptized into their church and in order to do that I have to quit smoking and drinking coffee. Also I'm going to church. You don't have to come at first, but eventually you will bring up the rear.  Now, can we pray?" Sister Smith and I just sat there stunned. So basically she is fantastic! We taught her again on Saturday and she is doing so great! We just need to figure out a baptism date with her!  Pray that she stays strong!
2. Flood Clean Up. It was flood clean up round two. We helped Thursday and Saturday. It was really, really hard work, but we had so much fun! It was a blast to work with all the other missionaries. I swear I haven't laughed that hard since I've been on my mission. It was fantastic. But also... dirty. At this one house, there was literally a foot and a half of mud covering everything. But we had a good time cleaning it out and the woman said she wanted to learn more about the church and that we really lifted her spirit! On the less positive side, we found two dead cats, a 5 foot wall of spiders, and the worst smell in the entire world. So.... it was good times. Hopefully we get to do it again!
3. Fireflies! We spent Thursday night at the mission home in Utica. While we were there we all went out back and caught fireflies! It was so magical!
4. Sunday. Sunday (yesterday) was a day full of miracles! The Lord truly blessed us because we had been out of our area for so long to serve. We got to contact all these investigators that we haven't seen in forever! We had fantastic lessons, and really saw them grow. It's  true that when you are in the service of your fellow men you are only in the service of your God. He blessed us big time!
Basically, it was a wonderful week. I'm excited for what is to come!
Thanks for all the support!
XOXO
Sister Langford
(Or as the Elders named me, Sister Short-Chevy.... Don't ask me how that makes sense

No comments:

Post a Comment