Monday, December 9, 2013

"Didn't end up at Arby's cuz I love Roast Beef", "Building an Ark," and....Invitation to Sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!"

Blog Blog...
Hello!
Well, another week has passed. I feel like this week was waaaaay busy.... yet there is nothing to talk about. Basically the week was filled with driving and meetings and snow and meetings. Don't worry. We did some missionary work in the midst of all that. Wanna hear about it?
OK. Here are the random goods....
1. MLC. So this week we drove all the way to Utica for Missionary Leadership Council. It was definitely good times. Only bad news is that its a 3 1/2 hour drive. So within two days we were in the car for 7 hours. Awesome!!! Also, we took the Elder's truck and crammed 6 missionaries into it. So that was pretty rough. Buuuuut..... we had some really great times.
   
      - Utica! Thursday evening when we arrived in Utica we got to hang out and work with the Utica sisters which was a blast. One of my friends from the MTC is currently serving in Utica so we had a ton of fun together. We taught this less-active member who was seriously exactly like Minnie from "The Help" except she was like 85. She was fantastic. She made us watch the movie "Together Forever" (it's pretty cheesey).  I definitely recommend it if you are looking for some quality entertainment.
      - The meeting. MLC ended up being very motivating and inspiring! I'm very excited to start putting my STL (Sister Trainer Leader), duties into action!
     - The drive home. On the way home we had an awesome experience. We were driving and naturally got pretty hungry. (3 1/2 hour car rides do that to ya).  We decided to stop at Arby's. Well we went in and ordered our food and all was well. Well then out of the blue the cashier looks at me and says, "I feel really embarrassed. I know that I need to go back to church." We are all like.... "um... sorry what?" Apparently her daughter is an active member of the church and for a long time she was going every week (never baptized though).  She was like, "I guess this is the Lord's way of saying its time for me to go back!" So cool! The Lord definitely puts us in the right place at the right time!
2. Ok are you ready for the very, very, very, best moment of this week? Good.
We enter the lesson with our investigator. He seems very subdued for some reason. We are confused.
We sit down and say, "Hey! How have your prayers been going? Gotten and answer yet?"
He says "Well I have a story for you. I wanted someone to build me an ark." Naturally we are confused.
We are like... "What?  an ark?"

He said, "Yes an ark. An "Act of Random Kindness." He said, "I told God I would know the Book of Mormon was true if someone gave me one random act of kindness. The next day, I got a letter from Sister Blevins, (the sister who was here before me), and I knew that was the random act. That was my answer. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I'm ready to get baptized."
We were stunned.
So the news is..... HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED DECEMBER 21ST!!!
How happy is that? It was the sweetest moment ever though when he said the closing prayer and he said, Thank you for the Sisters and that I could tell them that I know the Book of Mormon is true!" I probably cried. It's moments like that that make it all worth it.

And that was the week. We also taught many other lessons. All of which were great, but not much to say. I truly am blessed to be here in Norwood working with these amazing north country people! love it.
....and here's the laughs.
1. "Hey brother Tabor! I told you that you could sing!" - me

"Ya he's so good that a couple of years ago the Mormon Tabernacle choir invited him to join in" - Branch President
"Really.... cool!" - me
"Ya... well they actually invited everyone to sing. You know... when they put the words on the screen..." - Brother Tabor.
2. Literally EVERY SINGLE DAY since I have been in Norwood someone has commented on my height. EVERY DAY. It's good times.
3. "Norwood. A nice place to live" - said in a brittish accent by Sister Wilson
Well, that's all for this week. I guess I better start stomping through the snow storm again! Haha!!
BYE NOW,
XOXO,
Sister Langford 

No comments:

Post a Comment