Monday, December 30, 2013

"Merry Christmas with Awesome Members and An Awesome Testimony of the Gospel."


BLOG!
 
Hey everyone! Oh what a week this one has been. It always throws you for a loop when you have a holiday in the middle of the week, but we keep going strong! Honestly there isn't much to talk about this week... but let me give you some highlights!
 
1. CHRISTMAS!!!! Christmas was a really good day. We definitely started our day by jumping out of bed and saying "HAPPY CHRISTMAS" in the good old fashion Brittish way! We had a great day saw A LOT of members and ate A TON of food. So that was good! And its always good to chat with the fam as well! I must say, I am so grateful for the members up here! They just accept us into their families. It was so nice to be able to spend time with people who helped us feel at home! 
 
2. Floyd was finally confirmed! Floyd is officially a member of the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Hurrah! Floyd is such a great example. When we told him that we were bummed that he would have to wait a week to be confirmed he just said, "Well, the Lord has a plan!" It was really great of him. Also he has been making everyone in his household watch the church movies we give him! So good. He's already on his path to missionary work! 
 
3. We FINALLY got in contact with some of our really great investigators! WE had some really powerful lessons and the spirit was there! We just keep praying that we will be able to start to get people to progress!!!!
 
Well, those are the highlights :) In all honesty, this week has been really hard. I've been pretty stressed and I've just been trying to deal with all that stress! But this morning, I was thinking about my testimony and this is what I wrote down and want to share with you all :)
 
I feel like it really strengthens me to think about Joseph Smith. Not only his example and all he went through, but what he did. I especially love thinking about The Book of Mormon.
 
 Whenever I doubt, there is one thing I know for certain, Joseph Smith did not write the Book of Mormon. There is no way a 14 year old boy in the 1800's could sit down and write that book in a matter of months. It would be impossible even for the greatest of scholars and writers. Even they couldn't mimic such a book. And thats because its true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know it. 
 
Knowing this simple truth creates a snowball effect for the rest of my testimony. Because, since the Book of Mormon is true, that means Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. And so is Thomas S. Monson today. It means that God loves me and will always be watching out for me. It means every other aspect of the gospel is true. And how could it not be? Does anyone have a convincing reason not to believe? Oh sure, It may at times seem easier, or more fun, or less work, but think of how much joy comes from the gospel. Think of those times when you felt that peace and saw that change in someones, (even your own), eyes. Has living the commandments ever made you sad? I know this church is true, and even if it weren't there, there is nothing better to turn to. Where else will you find such high standards and people willing to follow them? Where else will you find such a strong spirit? Where else will you turn if not to God? The dark and lonely paths, the great and spacious building, NEVER leads to the fruit and joy of the tree of life. 
 
So, though the fog may at times be heavy, though the pull to let go of the rod may be strong, you hang on. Because hard as it may seem, it will only get worse if you let go, and easier if you hang on. I know Christ is my Savior. I know because of him, I CAN DO HARD THINGS. This is the truth. Never let go. 
I love you all and I love the gospel and being a missionary! 
 
XOXO,
Sister Langford
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment