Monday, May 13, 2013

Mish Monday: It's Time... Almost.

monday.

can you believe we are down to only two more mondays after this one.

only two more mish monday's, then my entire life will become a mish monday.

today I realized I only have 16 days left until I leave. SIXTEEN. are you freaking out? I'm freaking out. I remember when I had 100 days. oh how the days have flown. now I leave in s.i.x.t.e.e.n. days. I can't get over this.

Utica New York, comin' at me fast.

here's the thing though, do you want to know what I'm feeling? well, I'll tell ya what I'm feeling.

1. nervousness. obviously. It's a huge change! but fret not, for I am only about 20% nervous.

2. excitement. when I think about all the people I will meet, how my life will change, and everything I'm going to learn, I get so freaking excited. like this:


3. anticipation. is that even a feeling? I feel like I can't wait for my impending mission any longer. I can't try to imagine what its going to be like. I can't try to prepare myself for what will happen. I can't think about it any longer. I am just ready to get this mish rolling. I can no longer handle the anticipation.

4. peace. especially within the past week or so, I felt an immense sense of peace surround my mission. I don't feel anxiety about my incompetence, I only feel faith. It's an incredible blessing really.

5. trust. I have felt an increased sense of trust in my Heavenly Father and what he can do for me. I know that through Him, I can do all things. ALL THINGS. do you realize what that means? it means, that if I put my full trust, faith, and hope in Him, He will strengthen me. He will help me become the missionary I want to be. it's an incredible overwhelming blessing. I whole-heartedly trust that Heavenly Father will guide me throughout my mission. and that, more than anything, is what has helped me make it though these last few weeks.


I feel ready to serve, and that is one of the greatest blessings I could ask for.

XOXO
Langford

No comments:

Post a Comment